Saturday, April 02, 2011

March spilling over with design

My last sketch for the theme Spilling Over for the Sketchbook Challenge. I was at my friends Sue's Studio and she had this very cool, huge jar of colorful buttons. 
I have been having some quilting friends come over once a month to sew and learn some new techniques. I wanted to start a project with them that we could finish in a day. My piece below was cut caveman style ala Ricky Tims using a rotary cutter. I fused Misty fuse to the batting and then laid the pieces out on top like pieces to a puzzle, overlapping just a teensy, weensy bit, then I pressed it using my goddess cloth. I used several cotton, variegated threads that helped blend the fabrics. I used a combination of hand dyed fabric and batiks.
It's for sale at Bambi's Vive Le Chic in Wrentham, MA. She has a beautiful shop full of original art; jewelry, pottery, paintings, bags, glass-work, etc. She is also carrying my Murphy Bags. Stop in and check out the shop, she is close to an ice cream shop right in down town Wrentham.
16 x 9 Sunset in Batik


Sunset in Batik - Detail


I found these fabulous clogs right here in town! The price was better than some online sites. I bought a pair of slip-on black that I plan to paint!


Here are the results of a recent renovation for a really wonderful client. We found the fabric at the Franklin Mill Store in Franklin MA. We bought it on the sale table for @ $9.00 yd. We thought about buying more and it was $78.00 yd. With help from Margaret at FM we found a great brown denim to add to the hem.


I have been making Murphy Bags too, this one was a gift to my daughters' dance teacher. She celebrated her birthday and I wanted to show her my appreciation.  I used a hand dyed fabric for the top of the bag and did some free motion quilting with a beautiful coral thread.

2 comments:

Lonci said...

Beautiful bag, congratulations:)

Elizabeth said...

Love your sketch and the renovation with new curtains is awesome !! Beautiful work!!! i would like to pass on your blog to a friend who lives in your area and who needs to find some art peeps! you may be hearing from Leah soon, I hope!!!