Saturday, April 30, 2011

silk fusion landscape complete

I finished my silk fusion landscape...It's a commissioned gift for someone I'm really glad to know. I took these shots at night so I was playing with lighting and flash.
This shot was taken with the flash on...the colors are true in this shot.
This was the piece of silk fusion I had made with my friend Sue Bleiweiss.
I put the silk fusion piece over a piece of hand dyed turquoise, batting and backing. I used them to blend or enhance. This shot was taken without the flash.
I love the sheen the silk has and how it enhances the quilting. I changed threads 6 times. You will see in some of the close ups below.

I faced it so that the landscape continues....
I bought some more silk fibers from mielkesfiberarts.com so I can do this again.

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

It's spectacular!

Lonci said...

It is beautiful, congratulations:)))

Sandy said...

It's so rich.

quilthexle said...

A wonderful piece - I think the lucky one will jump up and out with happiness ;-))

ArtMuse Dog and Carol said...

Wonderful ~ beautiful work ~ colors are awesome ~ visiting through New England Bloggers ~ come visit me ~ love to have you ~ Happy Mother's day and Happy Quiliting ^_^

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Gasping at this beautiful piece! I would love to "touch" it!