|Embellished 16" x 20"|
This is my piece for the Fiberactions online challenge this month. It was my turn to choose the word for this challenge, I chose Embellish.
I chose that word so that I would use up some of the fun materials I've purchased or been given over the years. I used a piece of hand dyed fabric from Vicki Welsh for the foundation. I made fabric using Mistyfuse and Angelina Fibers. I cut them with my Leaves Galore template. I chose to hand stitch using a hand dyed flossI purchased 10 years ago from Friends Fabric Art. The silk was tricky, I could only use it in 10" pieces because it would shred from the stress of being pulled by the needle through the fabric.
I embellished each curve with french knots using hand dyed cotton floss, variegated wool yarn, glass beads and Swarovski hotfix crystals. I felt like doing some machine quilting so I used an Aurifil thread in a coordinating green.
I love the iridescence from the Angelina fibers so I chose to leave some without any embellishment. I faced it completely and closed it on the side because the back was a mess!
Now go check out all the other pieces made for this challenge at the Fiberactions blog.