Friday, July 15, 2011

Departure of the Sun

The word chosen for this month's Fiberactions challenge quilt is Departure... the sky fabric was the inspiration...there was a patch of yellow in the fabric that looked like the sun setting....departing for the day.

 Departure of the Sun 16" X 20"

I used my own purple hand dyed fabrics with the sky piece made by my friend Sue.


I used some of my variegated threads for the applique and quilting.




The house quilt below is another departure quilt of sorts. I was commissioned by a friend to make it for lovely family who just move to Missouri. I took a picture of their house and printed it onto fabric, then created the patchwork watercolor border using some of the leftovers from the Massachusetts Historical Quilt in the last post.


Departure from Massachusetts 16" x 13"

You can check out all the other Departure themed quilts on the Fiberactions blog here

2 comments:

Angie said...

O.M.G. that sunset quilt is absolutely breath-taking!!! What a fabulous creation! And the house quilt is just phenomenal! What a GREAT talent you have! :)

Claudine Intner said...

I agree! The sunset is breath-taking! Really beautiful!