Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Lowell Quilt Festival Images 2011

 I was going to write about the Lowell Quilt Festival in this blog post but I got some good news via email last night that will make it more interesting. I won second place in the Art/Innovative Category for my quilt, Blue Willow! 
Blue Willow 57" x 30" made to put under the glass on my dining room table. machine applique, machine quilted, embellished with swarovski crystals. photos taken by Sue Bleiweiss
 Images was one of the first quilt shows I attended and the first big show I entered a quilt in back in 1994. I love the show, the venders and all the fiber art happenings going on in the city of Lowell, MA. Here is a link to the schedule of events Lowell Quilt Festival


Some of you may remember the quilt below, I made for my inchie collection I acquired while participating in an inchie swap last year. I participated in a second swap and luckily they all found a new home on this quilt. It was tricky because some were really difficult to place...

Hidden Treasures 9" x 36"
 


4 comments:

lizap said...

Congratulations! Your quilt is beautiful :)

MARIKA said...

Congratulations on a beautiful Quilt

Wanda said...

Congratulations! The quilt is lovely. I enjoyed seeing it at Thimble Pleasures show last year and am pleased that many more people will get to enjoy it at the Lowell Quilt Festival. Wish I could be there :) Enjoy!!

Jeanne Marklin said...

I look forward to seeing Blue Willow this weekend. It's a beautiful quilt!