Tuesday, August 30, 2011

samples and barters

I made this as a sample for the Franklin Mill Store...they have a huge selection of Kaffe Fasset and Phillip Jacobs fabrics, they are all fabulous! One of the owners, Mary Verdin, does an amazing job buying fabric. She has a great eye and good sense about what fiber artists want!
I used 10 different prints...their fabrics blend beautifully....almost too well. When I finished it I thought it looked like one piece of fabric...but it's full of surprises and fun to look at.



fuchsia  36" x 36"


Here's a close up....



If you read my blog you know that I barter with my hair stylist Linda. She has several of my Murphy Bags but was in need of some window treatments for her salon, Attitudes, in Uxbridge.

I got the fabric and trim at Sewfisticated in Framingham, they are are the discount fabric store that bought Fabric Place. I bought 5 yards of fabric, lining, and 10 yards of the trim for under $100 dollars! 

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

The window treatments are beautiful!

Junie said...

Love the kaffe fassett and the bird fabric!

MulticoloredPieces said...

So many people have used the Kaffe Fassett fabrics to make quilts (and show them off on their blogs), and those quilts seem to always be gorgeous (in part because the original fabrics are gorgeous), but yours takes the cake. What a great way to put them together--outstanding.
best, nadia