Thursday, September 15, 2011

Flow with Texture - Fiberactions challenge reveal

Our Fiberactions challenge word for September is 
texture.
Flow with Texture 16" x 20"

Facing this was a bit of a challenge but it worked! Pinking shears were the secret:)

I bought some needle felting supplies when I was at the Lowell Quilt Festival from one of the vendors, Jane Davila. I took an online class from her so I was happy to meet her in person:)
I loved needle felting! I played with the silk and wool fibers.

I added a few beads in this perfect apple green color.

 I'm working on publishing a pattern from this design using my Leaves Galore Template. It's in the works and should be for sale in my friend Sue Pelland's Booth in Houston at the International Quilt Festival! I have chosen it as my piece to donate to the IQF silent auction.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This is fabulous!! I love the colors and the added texture of the wool and the stitching!!! Beautiful!! I would have to have you hold my hand if I was ever to accomplish such a beautiful facing!!! BRavo!!

Mary said...

Very cool! I love your blog, too!

outdoor playground equipment said...

Nice one. I like this so much and it is looking colorful and different..
Thanks for sharing this colorful images..

MulticoloredPieces said...

stopped by to admire your "texture" piece and I'm glad I got to see the close-ups of the detail work. Very lovely.
best,
nadia