Monday, November 07, 2011

IQF Houston 2011


I just got back from the International Quilt Festival. I went with my friend Sue. We had a lot of laughs and met lots of friends. We spent time in the Mistyfuse booth which was very cool. I also did a demo of my new pattern in Sue Pelland's booth using her Leaves Galore Template.  I got to enjoy dinner with a lot of wonderful woman in the quilting world. 

I went there with just  a few things on my list....there are hundreds of vendors so the shopping is prime. I needed more batiks and I found a wonderful hand-dyed green to continue my landscape series.

I also got some zippers for my bags, Aurifil thread, a Smooch ink spritzer, Swarovski crystals from Cheri's Cyrstals, Silver decolorant and a cool trim with many purposes from Artistic Artifacts.


The New England Quilt Museum had a bag auction to raise money for the museum. I made this bag for our guilds donation to the auction. It was filled with items donated from other guild members Sue Pelland Designs, Deb Wednt, Michelle Civetti, and Linda Ramrath.



When I went to the International Quilt Festival in 2009 my friend June bought some gorgeous hand dyed fabrics from Marcia Derse. Just before I left for IQF last week June asked me to pick  her up some more. I love to shop with other people's $$$ :) Marcia doesn't sell her hand dyed anymore because a manufacturer picked her up and is printing her whole line of fabrics. They are fantastic!

If you are a quilter, you have to go to IQF at least once...it's crazy fun :)






4 comments:

Rachel Parris said...

Kathleen, It was so much fun getting to know you. The gift of new friends is one of the best things IQF has to offer. Running into them in the airport at departure is a wonderful way to extend the whole experience. You are a pure delight.

imquilternity said...

Wow...you got some gorgeous fabrics. I can't wait to see how you use them. I really love batiks and need to use them in my quilts more.

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

I'm glad you had fun in Houston. Looks like a great haul of new stufff..and I love the bag you made for the museum.

MulticoloredPieces said...

What fun! I managed to get to IQF in Houston many years ago. A memorable experience!
I thought your memory quilts were simple, elegant, and beautiful. Very fitting.
best, nadia