Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Structured Landscape

This is my Fiberactions challenge quilt made using the word Structure -Structured Landscape 20" x 16"
It can be hung from any side, it changes with each turn. 
I used a piece of hand dyed fabric from Vicki Welsh for the pool and batiks for everything else.
I did all the quilting free motion and I made life easier by only using Black Aurifil thread 50W. It looked more graphic, like one of the sketches in my sketchbook.
I used mistyfuse for the applique and for the facing. I'm putting together a tutorial for how to do facing with mistyfuse, I'll share it soon.




I have been working on a series of these landscape design quilts. Landscape #1 27" x 22" is the first in the series. If you would like to have a fiber landscape art quilt of your property you can go to my etsy shop and check out this listing....






4 comments:

Vicki W said...

It's very cool! I am madly in love with the pink and lime tree.

quilthexle said...

Lovely! If only I could spend a lazy afternoon at that wonderful pool, lucking up to the trees ... LOVE the black thread sketching!

verobirdie said...

What a good idea! It must have been fun to do

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Looks different than anything you have done..and as Vicki said, Very Cool!