Friday, March 09, 2012

Christmas Row Robin is done!!!

We started making our Christmas Row Robins 2 years ago...I'm so glad mine is done!


I put a ton of crystals on it, I had to. I order my hotfix Swarovski crystals from cheriscrystals.com, great price and service. I put them on with a regular iron. I rarely use the little tool. 
  

Check out the vintage button I used on the bell - black and white hounds tooth. I used similar buttons in pink and green on the trees. I glued them on with fabri-tac glue




The binding was a pain in the neck but I'm glad I made the effort. 


All of the Christmas Row Robins will be on display at the Thimble Pleasures Quilt Guild's Quilt Show (my local guild)
March 24-25, 2012 - Saturday and Sunday 10 – 4
THIMBLE PLEASURES QUILT GUILD
At: Blackstone Valley Regional 
Voc-Tech High School
65 Pleasant St. (off Rte 140), Upton, MA
 
Works by members including Round Robins, Raffle Quilts (seen below)


Silent Auction, Vendors, Youth Quilters Exhibit, 
Flip Flop Exhibit Sale (Proceeds to benefit 
Ovarian Cancer Awareness & Research)
 
Admission $6 – free parking – 
wheelchair accessible
www.thimblepleasures.org


1 comment:

iluvmybugs said...

That's a really beautiful Christmas quilt Kathleen...love the 'bling' and vintage buttons! TFS
~Terry~