Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Winging It - finished


I finished Paige's quilt, Winging It, in time for my local guild's quilt show! There are 62 fabrics and 13 different colored Aurifil threads in it. She loves it. 


Because I quilt on a Bernina 440 on a Bernina frame I have to choose an all over pattern (I don't have a long arm). I used Aurifil thread for the whole quilt. I am psyched because I had to add several new spools to my collection so I had just the right color for the butterflies wings. 


I randomly quilted each wing and added Swarovski crystals. She'll have to fold it back if she wants to sit on her bed :) They are permanent but they aren't really soft....







  
I wasn't sure what to do for the binding but in the end I like the simplicity of it. It help keeps your eye in the quilt. 


I hope you'll come to the quilt show, it promises to be a great cultural event for $6 admission - kids under 18 are free.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

It's beautiful!

iluvmybugs said...

Your quilt is stunning...love those fabrics!!! TFS
~Terry~

Cathy H said...

Your quilt is beautiful.....

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

A rainbow of butterflies winging their way across a beautiful quilt. What a lovely gift!