Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bountiful Batiks Table Runner


I was commissioned to make a table runner for a friend for her dining room. She gave me one of her place settings as inspiration. I chose to replicate it in batiks and hand dyed fabrics. It was a challenge to find the right fabrics but I did it! I used Mistyfuse for the applique. It's the best product when you are layering pieces.


I did a small zig zag stitch with my free motion foot and then free motion machined quilted in the details from the plate. 


I used an ink pen to help with some of the design on the rose. 


I used my Leaves Galore Applique template to make the wedges for the design on the sides. I cut the circles by hand.... 


Bountiful Batiks  54" x 20"









She was absolutely thrilled with it!!!! She almost cried :) It looked perfect in their dining room. 


4 comments:

Vicki W said...

It's fabulous!

Jolanda said...

That's so fantastic! Great job, your friend must be very happy with the result.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Loved the way you translated the plate design into fabric--glorious and over the top! Beautiful choice of fabrics.
best, nadia

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Amazing job matching the table runner to the china. I am sure she went nuts over it when she saw it!