Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Dream Journal Class with Melanie Testa

I'm taking an online class Dream Journal with Melanie Testa. It's been awesome, she is a terrific teacher and super talented. She's guiding us on how to explore our art through paint and pen. 

Here are the first two pages of my Dream Journal. We have been using a bouquet of flowers as our subject, I picked the flowers from my perennial garden. The tiger lilies didn't last the night. 


There is a lot going on on this page, I like to fill the page. I'm one to finish one quilt before I start another. I had fun adding elements like the bottle of rubber cement which I used as a resist on the page. 





This and the painting above it are samples I made while I was in college, haven't they aged well? They sat in my portfolio. I'm using the same watercolor paints (most of them have lasted 25 years in a metal tin!) these will come in handy to help me make color choices.
In between our practice pieces I sketched and watercolored this. It's a view of the Christmas Tree Farm across the street from my home. I've already begun the process of turning this into a quilt. The pattern is sketched out on large paper and the fabrics are chosen. I'll keep you posted on my progress. 


   




1 comment:

Melly Testa said...

You need a comment on this post! Great pages and vintage color work!