Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Watercolor and window treatments...



I made some new window treatments to match the new paint color. I love the graphic pattern and the color scheme. 


The fabric was $4.99 a yard at Sewfisticated Fabrics in Framingham. It's been fun redecorating. I've been a blue person for a long time. 


I had a little watercolor class for my son and his friend last week. They are 11 and super talented. 


This one is Griffin's, he handled the paint so well and did a great job with his composition. 


This one was done by Griffin's friend T.C. he filled the page wonderfully and did a great job with his sketch. 


Here's mine....



Below are a few more pages from my sketchbook, they are assignments from the class I'm taking with Melly Testa. 








I'm working on some quilting stuff too, it's been a good, creative summer so far!


5 comments:

Roxie Tenner said...

I wish I saw the walls before you painted it with a new color. Anyway, I’m impressed with the color combination you made with the curtains and the wall. Enough light is entering to make the room light and cozy at the same time. The orange curtains with the black accents are fun to look at, but at the same time, it’s very pleasing to the eyes.

Nancy Ferdinand said...

You really have a knack for designing, Kathleen! The curtains you chose match the color of the walls and the lighting of the room. I think you did a great job of controlling the flow of light as well. I can definitely see the elements of the room mixing well together. Amazing work!

Waldemar Bureau said...

The dark-colored pattern indeed matches the paint of the color. If you're trying to come up with a classy look, you certainly achieved it! The design is also ideal for the winter season. But to give your house a livelier look for the summer, choose neon colors to add life to your room.

Katie Nicoll said...

Window treatments are harder than many have assumed. Choosing the right material isn’t your only concern; you have to consider the shape, size, and position of the windows to properly blend the elements. If one feature comes too weak or too strong, the whole room can be ruined. You have a gift, Kathleen. Can’t wait to see more!

Kathy Shea Mormino said...

I would like to invite you to join me at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week! http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-10.html

I hope you can make it!
Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick