Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Dusk

I finished quilting Dusk - it took me a several hours but I'm pleased with the outcome. 
Dusk 32" x 40" 
I put my Bernina 440 on my Bernina quilting frame so I could stand up to quilt it. It made it so much easier.  I did all the quilting first and then the applique stitched around all the raw edges.

Choosing the fabrics (from my stash) was a pleasure.  I enjoy the hunt and the fussy cutting. 

I love the little bit of aqua blue on the stones....

Making the leaves was a new technique. I'll definitely use it again. I been taking photos of beautiful fall trees for inspiration.
I have to put the facing on and then it's done. I'm hoping it will hang in an upcoming gallery show. Still waiting for final details but when I know, you'll know :)

6 comments:

Angie said...

W.O.W. This is absolutely fabulous!! You did an aaaamazing job with this. :) This is the first time I've seen this 'leaf' technique---I will definitely want to give that a try. Great job, girl!

Deb Levy said...

Wonderful Kathleen!

Lonci said...

Fabulous, congratulation:)))))

Donna~~ said...

Gorgeous! Love the way you did the leaves--and everything else! Really great!

Jeannie said...

WOW! Kathleen, this is fantastic! To think this started with a sketch from class to this glorious piece of art. Wow! Love the rocks, in Montana, I picked up some "souvenir" rocks that were that color, and the leaves are wonderful.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Marvelous piece--really like your leaf treatment. And the quilting is interesting and adds depth. Plus the fabrics are perfect--really like the stones as well. OK I like every inch of it!
best, nadia