Monday, December 10, 2012

I always thought that I'd see her again...



A very important person to me, my aunt Aggie, passed away last month, buried on her 65th birthday. It's the hardest loss I've ever suffered. I'll miss her terribly, I almost feel like I can't breath when I think of the future without her. She was like a mother to me. She was like a grandmother to my kids, they'll miss her too. In between visits to the hospital (in Syracuse) I made this quilt for her. It had flannel on the back and kept her warm in the ICU. When she passed her husband Steve told me they would bury her with it....this was so comforting to me.



Aggie was a big fan of mine, I'll miss her cheering me on. I had planned an open house before her illness. It was hard to follow through with it but it was a roaring success!!!! Thanks to all the family, old and new friends who came and shopped. Below are a few shots of some of the goods. I'll be adding them to my etsy shop in the next few days. Key chains and iPad cases. 








We weren't all able to be together for a family photo this year so I did a collage of shots with the kids and two very special people we lost this year; Kevin's dad Ray Murphy and my aunt Aggie Glavin Parker. We'll cherish our memories. 


4 comments:

Vicki W said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt but how fortunate to have had someone so special in your life.

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

I'm happy to have met Aggie. Surely she is still cheering you on, just differently.

imquilternity said...

So so sorry to hear of the passing of your wonderful aunt. I remember feeling the same sort of "can't breathe" feeling when my mother died in 1986. And, then again in 1996 when my father died. Although I miss them terribly and think about them often, I've found a way to feel at peace about them and I'm sure you will too, in time. I hope you have lots and lots of wonderful memories to sustain you.

Kathleen Probst said...

When you lose someone that close to you the earth just isn't the same anymore. I send you hugs and warm thoughts as you find your way.