Fiberactions Challenge Quilt - Nocturnal Business 20" x 18"
The challenge was to use two colors chosen using your initials (I chose Kiwi and Magenta) and black.
I loved this challenge, the limitation was good for me. I used Vicki Welsh's hand dyed fabrics for the butterfly and the stem. I fussy cut both to maximize the design in the dye.
The magenta I dyed. The funny thing is the piece of fabric is poorly dyed with messy splotches of red and blue and these little gems of magenta in between.
I used Aurifil 50 wt cotton for all of the applique and quilting, the variegated green was perfect for the feet and antennae.
I used a kiwi green Smooch paint applicator and magenta acrylics to paint the wings/body.
Check out all of the other challenge quilts at the Fiberactions blog here.....