Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Fiberactions 10 Color Challenge Quilt

It was my turn to choose the theme for our Fiberactions Challenge quilt this month. The challenge was to use 10 or more colors in your quilt. They could be all greens but must have been all different.

Transitions 18" x 14"
$250.00



I wanted to use as many batiks as possible and play with cutting fabrics. The stone wall is a gray background with a black piece that I cut out all the pebbles. It was surprisingly enjoyable. I thought I was going to dread it.  There is a lot of potential for this technique.

I had fun choosing fabrics for the trees, of course a challenge but the funnest part for me. 

I used Mistyfuse which allowed me to layer without problems when threadpainting/quilting.

I used Aurifil 50 weight for the quilting and the bobbin. 
                                      
Check out the other challenge quilts here at the Fiberactions blog


3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Fabulous! I love those rocks!

McIrish Annie said...

Mistyfuse is one of my new best friends! It lets me look at applique without cringing! I love what you did with this. A really great piece

susan christensen said...

Hi, Kathleen - Glad I popped over to see more of this wonderful quilt. Your cut away technique does have GREAT potential. -sus