Saturday, January 26, 2013

New year, new work

I finished a commissioned piece this week. I got a message through my etsy shop from a gentleman who saw my quilts on display at Northeastern University and wanted me to make a quilt for him. He sent me a few options of photos he had taken, this is the one we chose of his home in Hingham, MA.




Here are detailed shots that show some of the quilting and how I used ink dots to help blend the hard edges of the pieced squares.







I did a curvy cross hatch on the lawn with my walking foot, the rest was free motion.




My quilts will be in the Curry Center at Northeastern until 2/1/13. If you can't get there here are a few photos of the display.










You can catch the details of my etsy listing "your home in fabric" here https://www.etsy.com/listing/77825886/your-home-in-fabric

Thanks for stopping by :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Congrats on the exhibit! You commission work turned out great. I bet he was thrilled.

imquilternity said...

Wow....very impressive. I just love the little house (commission) quilt you did. It's lovely!

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Good for you for being featured in a show. The new piece is lovely, too.