Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Aggie's Wedding Ring




Aggie's Wedding Ring 40" x 40"

This quilt came together organically. I had several color waves in batiks made hoping to make another Hot and Cold Flow quilt. I was out to lunch and a little shopping at the Charlton Sewing Center with Sue Pelland (designer of the Leaves Galore Template). It occurred to me that I could cut those color waves into wedges and play. 


The doilies were hand-dyed by me. Some were made by my MIL, Winnie Murphy (passed away 2/14/00), given to me by my aunt Aggie Glavin Parker (passed away 11/16/12) and some given to me from Susan Freund (moved to MT 12/12). They were an afterthought, a solution to what to put in the centers. I'm so glad I thought of it!
I cried many tears making this quilt. Listening to Ray Lamontaine and Cat Stevens. It was very therapeutic!!!!!


I haven't quilted in the wedges yet, I'm hesitant but I must....then I'll add crystal:) ill post a picture of it when it's finished.
I'll be blogging about Sue's new book Rotary Cut Applique and giving away a copy, stay tuned. 

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

7 comments:

imquilternity said...

Simply gorgeous!

Lynn said...

This quilt took my breath away! Amazing.

Deb Levy said...

Just beautiful Kathleen!

Leslie Tucker Jenison said...

This is absolutely stunning!

McIrish Annie said...

So gorgeous! Thanks for reminding me how awesum Sue's rulers are! So why are they in my closet doing nothing?? I love the addition of the doilies. It is really fabulous. can't wait to see how you quilt it.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Oh, man, this is a knock-out! Just LUV the combination of crochet and patchwork. And of course the colors are sumptuous--so pleasing. I also enjoyed seeing your beautiful show. Congratulations!
best, nadia

jeneenc said...

I love this quilt. I've been looking for inspiration to use some of my mother's crochet doilies..which are amazing. Great ideas. Love your blog.