Friday, March 15, 2013

Fiberactions Challenge Quilt using nature's colors

Our most recent Fiberactions challenge was to use the colors of nature. I enjoyed working on the Boston city skyline in black and white for the neutral challenge so I decided to revisit making buildings with fabric. I had been collecting these fabric for this purpose for a few years. 
Boston in Natures Colors 34"x 26"
I did a lot of practice quilting on my iPad sketching app to figure out what work work best in all that sky. 
I added a few Swarovski crystals to some of the buildings, it looks like the  lights are on. 
The free-motion quilting was a challenge because most of it is straight lines. I figured it was a good way to practice. 
The Prudential Building is really grey but this fabric was perfect otherwise. 

check out the other quilts in the challenge here...



1 comment:

Judy said...

I'm dating myself here, but I remember when the "Pru" was new! You did a great job!

xxoo