Tuesday, April 02, 2013

A simple repair restores life to a much-loved Murphy Bag

I made this backpack for my daughter Jill during her senior year of high school in the spring of 2010, she loves it and uses it daily now a sophomore in college.




She used it so much she wore out the straps....




At first I thought, ugh... fixing them is going to be difficult. However, it wasn't hard at all!




I wrapped the old straps with new fabric - lucky I still had some of the original fabric but I could have added something new.







She had also worn out the bottom, so with some clever stitching I fixed that too!











She was very happy to have her backpack back!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Amy Munson said...

I had the same thing happen to a tote bag that I have used for the past 3 years. loved it but it was just wearing out all over the place. So I made a whole new bag, love it but I am going to have to remember this for when the straps start to fray.