Sunday, April 21, 2013

Boston bombings - Boston strong

What a week it's been here in Massachusetts! My two oldest daughters both go to Northeastern University in Boston and one of them is currently on Co-op at Massachusetts General Hospital. She was at the finish line during the Boston Marathon but had left about 25 minutes before the bombings!
Here is a picture she took the morning after the bombings on her way to work.










It's just coincidence that I chose to use the Boston skyline for a few of my most recent quilts. I'm glad I captured the skyline prior to that terrible day, to remember a safer time. Both are for sale in my Etsy Shop.




I was happy to get a blue ribbon on my quilt Dusk at MQX east. There were only six quilts in my category so competition wasn't too big ;) the show was inspiring and I picked up some new batiks at some of my favorite vendors.

There are lots of ways to help the victims of the bombings
here is a link to one - One Fund Boston

Peace

1 comment:

imquilternity said...

Your daughter is terribly lucky, isn't she? So glad to hear that you are all safe and well and yes, it's been quite a horrific week. We've been glued to the news all week long and felt just as elated as everyone else when the last suspect was captured Friday night. What a huge relief. Just so sad that lives were taken and maimed in the process of it all - and for what?