Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Fiberactions Challenge colors of food

Our most recent Fiberactions challenge was to use colors from foods. Loved this one. We had plenty of choices that worked with what I had in my batik stash.






"To not see the forest for the trees" 27x19

This is just an imaginary place, peaceful with a light to walk towards. I used the same cut-fabric method for the trees as I have in recent quilts like this one. I wish I had taken it further, but I will next time.


I used  Aurifil 50 for the appliquéing and quilting. I did both at the same time they call it appliquilting. 

I faced it, I love how it allows the picture to continue.











Please check out the other quilts in the challenge here at the Fiberactions Blog.
Thanks for stopping by :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad